Curated by CLAI
GETTING BUFF BUT GOING DEAF? High-intensity fitness classes are even noisier than they were a decade ago, with indoor cycling classes topping the list of culprits, blaring tunes as loud as 99 decibels.
- Adults can safely tolerate 85 decibels for up to eight hours.
- The human ear can handle 91 decibels for two hours, and 94 decibels for just one hour.
- A sign that it’s too loud: You experience ringing in your ears — tinnitus — after you’ve stepped out of the gym. You might also have temporary hearing loss.
Composers Favorite Keys of Classical Music: Beethoven, Haydn, and Mozart all show strong preferences for a specific key. Haydn and Mozart most frequently wrote in major keys.
- All three composers whose most-used key was minor were from the Romantic era (perhaps they were sad about the Industrial Revolution).
- Rachmaninoff was the only composer to produce more pieces in minor keys than major keys.
- The least used key across the board was g# minor, with Brahms using it most (in only 1.5% of his compositions).