Curated by CLAI
BOND GIRLS – AND JAMES BOND: Over the course of the Bond films, only 3 times has a female co-star been older than the actor playing James Bond. That includes Monica Bellucci (50) and Daniel Craig (46).
As a woman ages, she finds attractive the photos of men in her age range, or perhaps a few years younger. But it’s much different for men, who prefer women in their early 20’s even if the man is 30, 40 or 50.
Read more: James Bond Finally Falls for a Woman His Own Age (Washington Post)
DIVORCES FALL: It is no longer true that the divorce rate is rising, or that half of all marriages end in divorce.
- 70% of marriages that began in the 1990s reached their 15th anniversary (excluding those in which a spouse died), up from about 65 percent of those that began in the 1970s and 1980s.
- Of college-educated people who married in the early 2000s, only about 11% divorced by their 7th anniversary. Those without college degrees, 17% were divorced,
- If current trends continue, nearly ⅔ of marriages will never involve a divorce.
- The median age for marriage in 1890 was 26 for men and 22 for women. By the 1950s, it had dropped to 23 for men and 20 for women. In 2004, it climbed to 27 for men and 26 for women.
- There are many reasons for the drop in divorce, including later marriages, birth control and the rise of so-called love marriages.
Read more: The Divorce Surge is Over, But the Myth Lives On (New York Times).